jeffknits

Monday, December 18, 2006

Large round Noni lattice bag in variegated yarn

I decided to experiment with using variegated yarn for the round Noni lattice bag. I used Cascade 220 for the mc and bought some cheap variegated yarn off eBay from jojoland.com for the cc. I am very pleased with the results. Both yarns felted beautifully and effortlessly in the washer. I lined with duppioni silk in a gold/saffron color, also purchased rather cheaply off eBay. The lining really enlivens the bag because it picks up on the yellows in the variegated yarn. I altered the pattern slightly by adding a row of small contrast-color section towards the top before doing the last two cable sections. The handles are Crystal Palace's that I bought at our local LYS. I think this bag came out beautifully with the combination of yarn, lining and handles. This is also a holiday gift for a friend and I think she will like it very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home