jeffknits

Monday, October 09, 2006

Finishing the Noni

The finished Noni baguette. How cute and adorable!

Below are pictures of the Noni baguette being finished. I followed the author's advice on her website and used plastic needlework canvas to give the bag its stiff shape. Next time, I will use Timtex or Fast2fuse, both very stiff interfacings and are designed for lining bags, making stiff fabric bowls, hat brims, etc . Below, I taped two needlework canvases together because I could not find one large enough.

I taped the one-sided fusible to the canvas and ironed on my lining on the fusible side. No sewing! I can't sew very well; just enough to get me by. I did the same thing to the round ends. I sewed the round ends to the rectangle and eased the whole thing into the bag.

Next came the zipper, which is tricky because one had to carefully match the stripes. I attached the flowers prior to lining and sewing the zipper. I also tacked the flower petals to the bag to spread them out a little.

Last a picture of the lined interior. Pretty good job, considering my sewing skills.

I love this project and the Noni bags and I'm working on another Noni right now. Thanks Nora for the wonderful designs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home