jeffknits

Monday, October 23, 2006


Finished: Noni pink and black bag

Following are pictures of the completed pink and black Noni bag with flowers attached and lining sewn in place.

What I really like about the Noni patterns is that they are sophisticated without taking themseves too seriously. There is a certain tongue-in-cheekness about the designs that I like. I've never been tempted to felt anything (much less bags) because a lot of the patterns are either too folksy (an ugly, slouchy, square bag) or too fancy (intarsia flowers, beading, embroidery, french knots (I hate french knots!), etc.).

With the Noni bags, one gets bags that are quick to knit, beautifully designed in terms of shape and proportions, and most of all, something that you would be proud to show to your friends instead of hide in the closet. Next up: the whimsical green and turquoise Majolica bag.

Finally, a picture of the two Noni bags so far in a naturalistic setting. I really need to take a photography class. All my photos are coming up too bright!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home